Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P6.2.1 SDK Installation Problem

7 replies [Last post]
Glenn Dexter Ubaldo
User offline. Last seen 11 years 28 weeks ago. Offline
Hello Guys,

I know this is an IT problem but it seems that our company’s IT team is not capable of solving this problem regarding the Installation of SDK. We are using licenced
P6.2.1 Client but everytime our IT is installing the SDK
it is showing.

(Bad public user name or password. Database Server Error: Login failed for user ’pubuser’.
Cannot open database "PMSDK$PRIMAVERA" requested by the login. The login failed.;)

PMDB & MMDB is working but still we are not successful when it comes to PMSDK

Our Settings is:

DATA BASE NAME
PMSDK$PRIMAVERA

DATA BASE ALIAS
PMSDK

PMDB & MMDB is working but still we are not successful when it comes to PMSDK. Guys your help would be much
appreciated.

Regards,
Glenn

Replies

Jerome Soriano
User offline. Last seen 9 years 37 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Glen,

I need to install SDK and explore its uses, but i have the same problem as u had. Could you send me detailed steps on database configuration? Thanks a lot.

Jerome

Jerome Soriano
User offline. Last seen 9 years 37 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Glen,

I need to install SDK and explore its uses, but i have the same problem as u had. Could you send me detailed steps on database configuration? Thanks a lot.

Jerome

Amit Parmar (PMP)
User offline. Last seen 11 years 30 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi,

What username & password are you using to connect to pmdb$primavera?? The default are :

1) username : pubuser

password : pubuser

2) username : privuser

password : privuser

Please check if either of them works for you.

Regards

Amit Parmar

Almario Nicodemus
User offline. Last seen 11 years 43 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Glen,

From the above, I tried to configure using the same but can't connect.

Hope you will help  me in this regard ..

Tnx.

Almario

Glenn Dexter Ubaldo
User offline. Last seen 11 years 28 weeks ago. Offline
Hello Sir,

Thanks for your quick response, I have successfully istalled it, thank you very much. (Galing mo talaga sir)

Regards,
Glenn
Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 8 hours 53 min ago. Offline
Glen,
There is no PMSDK$PRIMAVERA. It should be PMDB$PRIMAVERA. Run configuration again and use pmdb$primavera instead of pmsdk$primavera and it should be fine.
Scarllet Pimpernel
User offline. Last seen 12 years 42 weeks ago. Offline
"Magaling yan", Siyempre pinoy yan,

In english, yes of course. He is simply is the best this planet have discovered. and the fact remains he shared his knowledge and understanding.

GB, PTL, TY
Scarlett