Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

How to spread manhour evenly

5 replies [Last post]
mike mark
User offline. Last seen 9 years 46 weeks ago. Offline
Need the steps by step instruction on how to spread manhour evenly on a project in p6 after the project has been progressed several times?

what settting should i set up for this?

how to spread manhours evenly on budgeted unit,actual unit and remaining unit?

Replies

George Ridulme
User offline. Last seen 7 years 13 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Arnold,

My project has a future period bucket data, and i want to update my baseline since i just added a new activity, the problem is I cant update my baseline.

A message box appears indicating that "my project/baseline contains future period bucket data,cant run update baseline against it"

Thanks and Regards,

george
Arnold Puy
User offline. Last seen 4 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Mike,

Try to use the functionality of Future Period Bucket Planning. This is manually input depending on your forecast man-hour by daily, weekly or monthly.

You can also use the Assign Resource Curve to each activities. However, this will be more better and effective for only those activities takes a longer period.

Regards,

Arnold
Arnold Puy
Hi George,

Which version of Primavera you are using? In P6 v7, even there is a future period bucket planning assigned to activities you can still update your baseline schedule.

There is a workaround, prior to updating restore first your baseline schedule and open it. Then, export it and import again and assign as baseline.

Regards,

Arnold
George Ridulme
User offline. Last seen 7 years 13 weeks ago. Offline
Thanks Arnold.

Im using P6, but am not sure what release this version is.

Anyway, thanks again for your help.

Regards,

George
Arnold Puy
Hi George,

In order to know which version or release you are using, go to Help --> About Primavera, System Tab.

Regards,

Arnold