Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Primavera 6 Creating New Project

9 replies [Last post]
Ruel Camaquin
User offline. Last seen 3 years 32 weeks ago. Offline
Good day to All!

I just recently install p6, everything is working fine but one - i cannot start a new project, every time i click on the new project (from the file menu) or use ctrl+n nothing happens. Why is it so? i know i have followed the installation instructions step by step, is there something that i missed?

Thanks in advance for the immediate responses! and Cheers!

Replies

Ruel Camaquin
Raviraj,

Thanks & Cheers!

Regards,

Ruel
A D
User offline. Last seen 3 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
Go To File--> Import. In teh wizard Click on the P3 radio button and then follow the steps

:-)
Ruel Camaquin
To All,

As part of thread topic, i would just like to know if it is possible to import DATA’s (Activity codes, Project codes, Calendars, Resources, etc) from P3 to P6?

Thanks and Cheers!

Regards,

Ruel
Ruel Camaquin
Dieter,

Thank you so much, it help me a lot... all i was missing is an EPS portfolio. I’ll be keeping in touch if other problems arise.

Thanks & Cheers!

Regards,

Ruel
Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 7 years 1 week ago. Offline
Ruel

Sorry, in that view, "New" is "ADD". Can you select "Add"?

To solve your problem: File --> Open --> Select Project Portfolios push onto the three "..." --> select "All Projects" --> Ok. --> You’ll see your new projects.
Your view was restricted by the portfolio, which is quite helpful for a big database with many projects. New projects must be included in that portfolio (by Enterprise --> Project Portfolios) to be visible or this restriction has to be switched off.

Good luck!

Dieter
Ruel Camaquin
Dieter,

The right click on the table area works fine but there is no "NEW" Project from the list, the list starts with Open Project and so on.

The word behind portfolio is our company name and my access right is admin.

Cheers.

Regards,
Ruel
Dieter Wambach
Ruel

You wrote that everything works fine. Which functions?

View Projects: Move cursor into table area --> push right button --> a small window should appear with some functions - e.g. "New" - to be selected. If not, IT should check your pc. It seems that all pop-up windows are blocked.

If you’ll look at the bottom line of the P6 window. What is behind the word "Portfolio"?

Your access rights?

Regards
Dieter
Ruel Camaquin
Dieter,

The "New" is Black and is clickable, only thing is nothing happens after it is click. Right click also do nothing.

Ruel

Dieter Wambach
Ruel

If everything works fine there is only one main reason: Your access rights. Check your global a project specific security profile.
Under File --> New: Is "New" black or grey?
View Projects: What happens if you’ll push the right mouse button? A new window? Chance to select "New"?

Good luck!
Dieter