Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Primavera 6.0 inporting activity codes

7 replies [Last post]
nancy roberts
User offline. Last seen 11 years 38 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Our vendor is sending .xer files weekly. The codes will not import because the vendor uses EPS level codes and we are using global codes. Is there a way in the .xer file before the import that I can change the EPS codes to Global Codes?

Our company is not going to change the EPS code to match the vendor to allow the import.

Thanks

Replies

Arend Kok
User offline. Last seen 10 years 13 weeks ago. Offline
Glad I could help.
Neils Gao
User offline. Last seen 8 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
Arend,
Thanks a lot for your help,
I believe this is a very practical skill, at least for me.
Arend Kok
Hi Neils

Every activity code in the table ACTVCODE has a field called
actv_code_type_id which relates to the same field in the table called ACTVTYPE. In this table there is a field called actv_code_type_scope. For this field a value of AS_project means its a project level code, so to make that code global you need to change the type to AS_global.

I hope that helps.

Neils Gao
User offline. Last seen 8 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
Arend,
I am interested in your advise badly,
you said the .xml file could be edited to change the EPS level codes to global codes,
could you please introduce how to do this?
Actually, I tried to import the .xml file to access and look for the value who identify the level of the file, but I can’t,
So if you know the mothed or this very value please share to us, I believe it will help a lot.
Arend Kok
Nancy.

One way to do this is to get your import in the .xml format. You can then edit the data using a xml editor and change the codes to global.

Another way of doing this is to use the api to setup a activity code import script.

A third way of doing this is to edit the actual .xer file with a text editor to get your desired result.
nancy roberts
User offline. Last seen 11 years 38 weeks ago. Offline
Can you convert EPS level activity codes to Global activity codes by doing this?

Ronald Winter
User offline. Last seen 3 years 2 weeks ago. Offline
I have not actually done this to ‘cure’ your problem, but I believe that the answer to your question is to simply not import the activity codes. The second to the last screen in the Import Wizard has a column titled, “Import Configuration.” Create a new one or modify your default. In the Modify page, look under Data Type: Project and locate Activity Codes. Change the Action to “Do Not Import.” Save the configuration and then import. Good Luck!

(So much for their claim of "Global Program Management." They don’t even import their own outputs!)