Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Convert a Global activity code to an EPS activity codes

3 replies [Last post]
Richard Heimpel
User offline. Last seen 14 years 4 days ago. Offline
Groups: None
We recently moved from V3.5 to V5 and now want to take advantage of using EPS codes. We plan on tightening security access to the Global Coding and allow the various levels of the EPS to create their own codes as they deem necessary. Therefore there are several codes that exist as Global (created in V3.5) that we wish to make as an EPS code. I know we can go up the chain Project to EPS to Global, how can we go down the chain Global to EPS?
I have several codes with several values in several projects involved hopefully manually is not an option.

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 1 day ago. Offline

you can use sdk and the excel spreadsheet to do this 

Ozgur Goral
User offline. Last seen 8 years 49 weeks ago. Offline

Hello all, 

I recently changed a .XER  file (by a text editor) the section which includes the AS_EPS information and changed it to AS_PROJECT and removed the Project id from the same section as well. I imported the .XER file and I was able to see the Activity Codes. But while working on the project I started to get an error, and I couldn't realize why it happened but I am sure it is because of this change.

The Error What I Got is: Exception TbusinessObjectException in module PM.exe 006C4D21 TactivityCode.getScope: Unknown Scope Type 

If anyone has any idea about this error please let me know it urgently. I don't want to re-install it, because I have to change the activity codes in monthly basis from  AS_EPS to AS_PROJECT. 

thanks ina advance for your replies. 

Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 7 hours 24 min ago. Offline
Hi Richard,

As you said, there is an option to make the Project Activity code to Global or EPS but not to go down from Global to EPS and Project. The only way to do this is to run an SQL queries from your SQL database and select all the actv_code_type_id of all global activity codes that you want to convert to EPS level from "ACTVTYPE" (activity type) table and change the actv_code_type_scope field from AS_GLOBAL to AS_EPS. In order to identify the activity code ID link your "ACTVCODE" table and display the actv_code_name field.

This should solve your problem.

Regards,
Rodel