Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Options by default in "Earned Value" Tab in WBS view

6 replies [Last post]
Patricia Le Clainche
User offline. Last seen 9 years 25 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hello,

I noticed that no field was filled for Earned Value Technique & ETC calculation formula in the WBS View regarding some projects that were imported from MSP.

Even if I try to fill the correct choice from top level of the project to the last level of WBS Elements, it doesn’t work for some of them (it seems not to be systematic). The fields remain empty. The only way we found to solve this pb was to create a new project head, and then Cut & Paste the WBS Elements of the imported project.

Did anybody encounter this trouble ? Do you know if Primavera is aware of this ?

Regards.
Patricia

Replies

Patricia Le Clainche
Hello Niek and Dieter,

Thanks to you. I should get new projects from MSP soon. I will take care my collegue prepares the import correctly (quality of the original plannings), as we are both aware of this pb now.

Have a nice day / Grüss aus Frankreich.
Patricia
Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 7 years 1 week ago. Offline
Thanks Niek
When I upgraded to P5 it was SP2, so I wasn’t aware of this bug - good luck!

Dieter
Niek Zonneveld
User offline. Last seen 2 years 3 weeks ago. Offline
Bonjour Patricia,

This is a known bug which is fixed in V5 SP3, but that doesn’t solve the problem for pre-SP2 imports.

The way I solved this in the past was to create a new project and move the branches (imported from MSP) underneath the new top node.

The next step is change the EV setting in the top node and have all children inherit this setting. After that the behavior should be OK.

Hope this helps,

Niek.
Dieter Wambach
Salut Patricia

So you need the support of your IT. The information which troubles you is in the table "PROJWBS". IT may check if this table has some errors. Oracle should be able to repair it.
To import MSP is not that easy. Because most of the MSP-projects have errors created by not well-trained users, I always check them to correct before the import in MSP. As MSP doesn’t know codes (just the WBS), user-defined are used instead. This I check as well. With Primavera import options you can import those UDF into appropriate Primavera-UDF.

Kind regards from Germany et bonne journée.
Dieter
Patricia Le Clainche
Hallo Dieter,

I ran "Check project integrety" yesterday on one project that has the pb. The result didn’t give me any information on this topic. GGgggrrrr !
And regarding the second part of your question : as I do not import files from MSP myself, I ignore the process. I think it’s Oracle, but not sure.

Have a nice day.
Patricia
Dieter Wambach
Salut Patricia

I just checked for my projects - ok. As far as I know, these values are taken from the default project. Did you check it? Maybe you’ll run "check project integrity".
Was it MS SQL-Server or Oracle?
Good luck!
Dieter