Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Navigating from WBS to Activity view

4 replies [Last post]
Susan Young
User offline. Last seen 11 years 29 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hello Everybody,

When I try to navigate from the WBS dictionary view to Activity view using the shortcut on directory bar, P6 doesn't automatically transfer me to the same WBS item I was viewing in WBS view.

is there a way to scoll from the WBS you are viewing in the dictionary view to the corresponding WBS in activity view ?

Thanks

Sue

Replies

Raymund de Laza
User offline. Last seen 27 weeks 6 days ago. Offline

Hi,

The cursor will stay and show up whereever you left from activty view to WBS view and back to activity view again.

I suggest to select the sugbject WBS at activity view before leaving for WBS view so that when going back to activity view the same screen view you left previously will appear.

Happy New Year!!!

Susan Young

any suggestions ?

Wishing everybody a Successful 2012 !

Sue

Susan Young

Hello Ray,

I will try to resubmit my question by posing a scenario:

1) I am in a project in 'Acitivities view'.

2) By clicking Project > WBS, I enter the WBS dictionary.

3) Lets say I scroll down to WBS level A.5.2

4) When I return to Activity view, my cursor is at entirely different location....

I would like to be at A.5.2 in Activity view as well instead of having to scroll the entire schedule every time i switch from WBS to Activities view. Is there any possibility of doing that ?

Thanks

Sue

Layout for WBS & activities are same

Raymund de Laza
User offline. Last seen 27 weeks 6 days ago. Offline

Hi,

As I understand from your statement....

You might be viewing the activity view with a layout organized other than WBS.

Please check the layout or reorganized the activities using WBS.

Hope this will help.