Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Baseline of a Baseline

2 replies [Last post]
Mark Chapman
User offline. Last seen 8 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
In P5, I have uncoupled my baseline only to find the baseline has a baseline which is different from the baseline plan. I go to Assign/Maintain Baselines and no baseline defined. I then go to summary tab/display dates and there are baseline dates which differ from the planned dates. So where is this baseline stored? Can I purge it?

Replies

Oliver Melling
User offline. Last seen 4 years 29 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: The GrapeVine
On the theme of baselines,

if you agree with the client that the current plan will become the new baseline and it already has performance on it, do you have to do a global change to make the actual/current dates = the planned dates?

Which dates in the baseline does primavera look at for EV?

Cheers,

Oliver
David Kelly
User offline. Last seen 1 year 37 weeks ago. Offline
In P5/6 there is ALWAYS a baseline. This because "earned value" can only come from a baseline.

If you unassign all the baselines you have made, then "current project" will be set as the baseline and a baseline bar will still be seen.

All you can do is suppress the baseline bars from showing in the barchart.