Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P3eV5 STEPS - Importing Data into STEPS Fields

4 replies [Last post]
Murray Allen
User offline. Last seen 7 years 12 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Dear All,

In order to create a progress report I am using the STEPS feature of P3e to export the products that I wish my contractor or internal supplier to provide updates on periodically.

I’ve used the custom text fields (in the steps tab) to create some appropriate fields which i then export into excel and will send on this report in order to get the contractor/internal supplier to update it.

I would then like to re-import this data (i.e. the updated completion date of the product) from excel into the relevant field in P3e.

I can create the report and export from P3e into Excel easily enough but how do I import excel data into the custom STEP fields in P3e? Is it possible?

Thanks,

Murray

Replies

K D
User offline. Last seen 15 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Hi,
You can have a look at prim4617
Murray Allen
User offline. Last seen 7 years 12 weeks ago. Offline
SDK? the joys of acronyms.

I took a look at POINT and the spreadsheet tool is shown as unsupported for P5?

Fiji? hmm, how about Russia, the boks and Raikonnen?

MOSCOW

Muz
Mark Chapman
User offline. Last seen 8 years 9 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Muzza,

I have a macro taken from POINT but this only works if you have SDK - fiji.

Best regards,

Mark
K D
User offline. Last seen 15 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Murray
Primavera POINT have a excel tool which can export activity step. You can try it in your problem.
Regards