Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

How to display Lag on Ativity Bar or Ativity Column

9 replies [Last post]
Minhas Shaikh
User offline. Last seen 13 years 9 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Planners,
How can I show ’Lag’ on bars or activity columns in P3e. I tried all columns but I couldn’t found. In activity details , relationship tag, we have lag . but I need to show my client.
If anybody know how to represent lag on acitivity or it may not possible , please let me know.

Thanks

Minhas

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

the way to show the lag value on the bar would be to create a udf (user defined field) call it mylag

then export the activities with the UDF to excel 

then export the realtioships with the lags to excel

next copy the lag values from the relationship export into the excel file that you exported with the udf field

next import the file with the UDF colum form excel to p6

now go to bars and then select where you want it to be displayed and select the UDF called mylag

Mohammed Iqbal A...
User offline. Last seen 3 years 19 weeks ago. Offline

Dear Mr. Puffy

Could you help me to get the lag /lead in the BL Schedule /update schedule

How can I show ’Lag’ on bars or activity columns in P6, I tried all columns but I couldn’t found. In activity details , relationship tag, we have lag . but I need to show my client. 
Hope I know you have solution, I want to represent lag on acitivity or it may not possible , please let me know.

Thanks

mohamed adam
User offline. Last seen 4 years 1 week ago. Offline

Hi Planners,

I am Using Primavera p6 vertion 8.2 and Computer system 8.1 , and I have two activity with relation FS and Lag three days but the start date of the second acativity  is did not change , how can I fix this problem

Pam Daniel
User offline. Last seen 16 years 40 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Dieter,

Yes, you are correct. For some reason, the first time I tried it today, the lag column did not show up. I went back in and it was there. I think when you add the new template, the key is to select Activity Relationships only. I think I had Activities and Activity Relationships the first time I added it today. When you add Activity Relationships as the only item in the new template, the lag comes up automatically.
Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 6 years 52 weeks ago. Offline
Sorry
I was too fast with my mouse.

This was for the export to EXCEL.
For the bars and columns it does not work. But, which information it would give you, 2,3,5...? I believe, the export to EXCEL would be a good solution.

Regards Dieter
Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 6 years 52 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Pam
I just tried. It does work. When you have to select a template, you click on "ADD". There you are able to select the lag as a column. Then you save this new template and select it. It will work.
Good luck

Dieter
Pam Daniel
I apologize, I just tried it and the lag does not export even though Primavera gives this as a solution. However, I do have a report that does give me the relationship and lag. There is an ERP file you can get from Primavera and import to your reports. The report is similar to the old predecessor/successor report in P3. Then you can print the report, save it as a text file or whatever. If you go into the POINT Knowledgebase and lookup Solution ID: prim4092, this will tell you how to do this.
Minhas Shaikh
User offline. Last seen 13 years 9 weeks ago. Offline
Thank you for quick reply pam.
I couldn’t found relationship column in p3e for exportorting spreadsheet.

Only I found precedeccessor and successor coulmns. If you know relationship columns please let me know.

Minhas
Pam Daniel
I’ve asked Primavera about this and it is a future enhancement request. I haven’t seen 6.0 yet, so it may be a feature of this software. Workarounds:

Lag can be viewed in a column of the Relationships tab in the Activity details window.

Relationship Lag can be Exported to a Spreadsheet if you choose Activity Relationship as the Subject Area.