Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Global change to change resource?

5 replies [Last post]
Matt Rudge
User offline. Last seen 15 years 44 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi all,

Does anyone know if it is possible to change a type of resource via global change?

If so how?

Thanks,

Matt

Replies

Matt Rudge
Oliver,

That is what I am trying to do however after setting up the Non-Labour resource it will not allow me to select it in the Global Change command

I have not got an budget/actual figures related to the resources so I thought it would be quite easy but for some reason it doesn’t like it!!

Matt
Oliver Melling
User offline. Last seen 4 years 29 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: The GrapeVine
Matt,

Having looked closer at global change it appears you can only filter by resource type and you can’t make a change between labour/nonlabour.

How about creating a new resource with the same name, tarif and calendar but as a non-labour resource. Then doing a global change to swap them over?

It may leave you having to input the budgeted/actual units though, not sure?

Oliver
Matt Rudge
Oliver,

Thanks for the help!

What I am trying to do and seem unable to though is to change resource type from Labour to Non-labour.

I firstly thought I could just change the type on the resource screen but it says I can’t do that as they are allocated to the tasks.

So I copied the resources which need changing and on the new version changed the type as required. I then tried to carry out a global change to change them. Unfortunately it will not allow me within global change assign a non-labour resource!

Any ideas how I can get round this?

The problem I have is I am importing P3 files via Suretrak and in Suretrak there are no options to change resource type.

Thanks,

Matt
Oliver Melling
User offline. Last seen 4 years 29 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: The GrapeVine
Matt,

Go on Global Change.

New.

(Select subject area) Activity Resource Assignments.

The rest is self explanatory.

A parameter of resource type will allow a change between labour, material etc.

A parameter for Resource NameID will allow a global change of resource. (Person specific)

Oliver
Bijaya Bajracharya
User offline. Last seen 8 years 12 hours ago. Offline
If you mean you want to assign resource B instead of resource A, it can easily be done by global change. If you want to change the type of resource A from say labour to material, you don’t need global change. Change it in resource directory and it will be reflected globally.