Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Resource allocation by week - can it be done??

3 replies [Last post]
Chris Frank
User offline. Last seen 12 years 44 weeks ago. Offline
I’m looking to adjust my resource level on a weekly basis as I will have more men available later in the project is there a way to do thison a single line activity of 8 weeks??

At the moment it allocates the budgeted hours equallly over the duration of the activity.

Replies

Rashid Iqbal
User offline. Last seen 16 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Just a note here,

Such kind of a resource allocations are very difficult to handle when it comes to updating. And so if possible divide into different activties and roll them up with an activtiy code.

Regards
Rashid
Chris Frank
User offline. Last seen 12 years 44 weeks ago. Offline
Spot on thanks Peter!!
Peter Holroyd
User offline. Last seen 3 hours 6 sec ago. Offline
you can apply a resource usage curve - front end loaded , back end loaded etc rather than the standard linear. Alternative you can apply the resource more than once to provide a stacked effect

e.g. 2 men * full 8 weeks +
3 men between weeks 3 and 5 +
2 men between weeks 7 & 8

To provide a more accurate allocation