Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Resource histogram by weeks.

6 replies [Last post]
Dennis Hanks
User offline. Last seen 8 years 2 weeks ago. Offline

I'm doing something wrong. I can't get my resource histogram to display by week. It sums to month. Help.

question.jpg

Replies

Dennis Hanks

Tom;

The issue is ordinal dates. The workaround is a small pain - moving back and forth from Timescale Date Format changing in Primary Dates applying, changing again in Primary Dates and re-applying. Apparently the 'bug' has been around since P5. Not a high priority for Larry. Attached is what it should like. Thanks for trying.

question3.jpg

Raymund de Laza
User offline. Last seen 31 weeks 4 days ago. Offline

Dennis,

In User Prefrences.. Resource Analysis.. Set Interval into weeks...

Regards,

Tom Turnham
User offline. Last seen 1 year 35 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Strange. Im affraid I cant help.... When I change the timescale it amends the bars to suit

untitled.png

Dennis Hanks

Tom;

Thanks for the response. Apparently the screen shot is not opening. I'll post again. It should show the timescale set at weeks for schedule and histogram, yet resources are grouped by month. I've sent a Service Request to Oracle - no response. Posting jpg now.

question.jpg

Tom Turnham

Are you just showing it at the buttom of the window using the 'Resource Usage Profile'?

If so just right click in the right hand side of the window and select 'Timescale'. You can then chose the appropriate timescale (Month/Week)

If you are copying it into Excel then go to the 'Assignments' window and do the same (right click in the right window and select 'Timescale')

P.S a little courtesy goes a long way.

Tom Turnham