Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Is it possible to split activity bars?

3 replies [Last post]
Chris Frank
User offline. Last seen 12 years 47 weeks ago. Offline
Previous versions that I have used wouldn’t allow the spliting of activity bars, which it allows in Microsoft Project. Can p5 do this??

Replies

Tu Huynh Van
User offline. Last seen 15 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
David,

- I agree, we can "split" using suspend/resume but only for activities in progress, others we can not.

-Should using an activity specific calander,

Kym Lesinski
User offline. Last seen 17 years 30 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
David,

Your point is valid however there are always exceptions. Splitting activity bars would help me with KPI analysis, therefore becoming quite usefull on a number of my projects. What I’d say to Primaver is it’s always good to have options, make it possible and give us the choice to use it or not.

Kym.
David Kelly
User offline. Last seen 1 year 37 weeks ago. Offline
You can "split" using suspend/resume or an activity specific calander, but not under resource levelling.

Primavera has always resisted the temptation to allow multiple instances of the same activity number as in MSP. While this feature may help planning engineers, its a cost engineering nightmare. I am optimistic that Primavera will continue to resist imnplementing what I see as a mistake.