Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P3e progress bar against baseline bar

2 replies [Last post]
STEVE LAWSON
User offline. Last seen 4 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
can anyone advise me how to show the progress bar to reflect physical progress against the baseline bar, rather than the current bar, as it is doing by default, as this would be more what users expect to see, and more useful

Regards
Steve

Replies

Dayanidhi Dhandapany
User offline. Last seen 3 years 3 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
choose the "%complete bar" under the "TimeScale" column from the "Bars" option. Make %Complete Type as Physical from the GeneralTab of Activity Details Window.

bye the way, is this the one you are expecting or something else?.
STEVE LAWSON
User offline. Last seen 4 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Thanks for that, but that is what i already have. that gives me a % progress bar against the current (actual & forecast bar. What I am after is the % complete bar against the baseline bar.

eg if the baseline bar finishes in aug and the current is complete the progress bar finishes to the left of the data date.
also if the end date of the baseline bar is past the progress bar can come past that enddate if the current is not complete. I find people like to track progress against a baseline (agreed plan, not against the current which is dynamic and always changing. your planned dates & planned progress figures also come from the baseline.
Regards