Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Reamaining Early Start!!!

1 reply [Last post]
Rami Al Haddad
User offline. Last seen 4 years 46 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Dear Fellow Schedulers/Planners,

on the one of the schedules that i’m updating, I have noticed that for some of the activities that are in progrees; those that have Actual Start but not yet finished, the remaining work bar does not start at the data date; instead, it seems to jump far ahead in time dirstubting the bar continum, and ofcourse producing a non-logical end date of the activity concerned, as well as the the following realted activities.

This problem seems to be related to calender (working days); rather it seems to be related to Remaing Early Start; changing RES to DD for the concerned correct the situation for that activity but not the related ones!!! and running the schedule again will cuz the RES to become irregular!!!

Anyone can help please, last progress meeting it was awfully embarressing... taaking into consideration that my boss is not related in no way to planning/scheduling...

thank you fellows,

Best Regards,

Rami M. Al Haddad
Scheduler/Planner

Al Arrab Cont. Co.
Saudi Arabia
www.arrab.com.sa

Replies

Nigel Winkley
User offline. Last seen 1 week 1 day ago. Offline
Groups: The GrapeVine
See the answer under your other post in the discussion forum. No real need to post things twice.