Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Fiscal Year Info in Activities View - Columns

2 replies [Last post]
Richard Rowberry
User offline. Last seen 3 years 25 weeks ago. Offline
Folks,

I’m trying to get a roll-up of fiscal year information in column format in Activities view. (ie I have £xyz budgeted labour cost spread by fiscal year in resource tabular format by setting the timescale to fiscal, but would like to create a user defined column that will show budgeted cost by fiscal year);

1) Is this possible?
2) If so, how,

Any ideas welcomed

Richard Rowberry
Planning & Control Lead
Nuclear Sector

Replies

Richard Rowberry
User offline. Last seen 3 years 25 weeks ago. Offline
Thanks Mario,

I’ve tried the Activity Usage view and have got the info by years, so i’ll present that for the time being. Might have to look into the Reports side of this,

Thanks again

Richard.
Mario Sanvitale
User offline. Last seen 12 years 13 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Have you tried using the ordinary Activity view, setting the timescale to "year" and using the Activity Usage Spreadsheet in the bottom view with units set to cost?

This will display total costs although might give more detail than you want, perhaps with some modification you can suppress the activity detail. Unfortunately there is no similar screen on WBS or EPS layouts, and Tracking views are minimum per quarter, there is no "annual" option. You could also use the Gantt layout in the web Project Manager, Executive or Engineer roles.