Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

error always

4 replies [Last post]
basil shraim
User offline. Last seen 12 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
dear all,
in my program every step there is a massage comming with eroor [An application event has intercepted.please note the event code for reference. event code NSIS-2739-6 ]

so any one know what to do with this massage

Thanks

Replies

Bill McMichael
User offline. Last seen 12 years 16 weeks ago. Offline
Basil,

The two solutions I posted were not steps but separate solutions. If you removed the problematic MS security patch, that alone should correct your error.

Service packs and fix packs are located on Primavera’s knowledge base for download. Click on Customer Center on primavera.com to get there.

However, your problem should already be resolved by removing the MS security update.

Regards,
Bill
basil shraim
User offline. Last seen 12 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
Dear bill i did the 1st step but the 2nd from where to get the patch (i have 3.5)

Thanks
Marcio Sampaio
User offline. Last seen 11 years 34 weeks ago. Offline
Try to install service pack.

Regards.
Bill McMichael
User offline. Last seen 12 years 16 weeks ago. Offline
Basil,

It sounds like this may be related to a bug in a recent Microsoft Windows security patch (KB891781). Users with this Windows security patch would have the problem. If the error generated is "Event code NSIS-2739-6", this is your problem. Microsoft confirmed this is a defect. You have 2 course of action

1. Remove the Windows security patch update through add/remove programs. It will be referenced by the name KB891881.

2. Install a patch Primavera provided to work around this issue. This is available for 3.5.1, 4.0, and 4.1. You do not need to upgrade to 4.1. Search for dhtmled.ocx on the knowledge base and you should find this. This is not an issue with 5.0.

Regards,
Bill