Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P3 e&c Stand Alone & Data Transfer

8 replies [Last post]
Amar Aghana
User offline. Last seen 16 years 36 weeks ago. Offline

We have 2 numbers of P3 e&c Stand Alone softwares to handle around 200 on gooing projects.

The one software (say S1)is installed in HO

and

The other software (say S2)is installed at Site.

S1 : is supposed to take care of Engineering with one planner

S2 : is supposed to take care of Procurement and Construction with another planner

Our conditions are

1)Activities of Engineering to be created / updated in S1

2)Activities of Construction to be created / updated in S2 taking and linking datas from S1 for engineering.

What is the best and easiest way to exchange the datas in this case for around 200 ongoing projects so that all datas are available simultaneously in S1 and S2.

3) Please do not suggest to go for web based server version as these softwares are already purchased.

Replies

Amar Aghana
Never mind. Fully appreciate your intention of helping others.
Jose Frade
User offline. Last seen 3 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Oops

I did not see the referenc to e&c.

I can only advise towards P3.

BR
JMFrade
Amar Aghana
Hi Jose,

Thanks for your participation. I was using the same technique all the way from P3 Ver 2.0, 3.0 and 3.1.

Do you think it is possible in Ver 4.1 e&c ??

I have not understood sub project concept in e&c . can you please explain in detail?
Jose Frade
User offline. Last seen 3 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
Hello Hamar

The best solution is:

Creat the project structure in such way that the sub-projects are organized by project phase:

Ex: Main proj: PROJ01
Sub: -ENG1 (Engineering)
Sub:- PRCO (Procurement/Construction))

The idea is:
Each site opens just the subproject is entitled to work with, even though he can see the other activities and suffers impacts from others.

the update is simple: The site taking care about the subproject send a backup to the other. The restore of the backup immediately updates the global project (after rescheduling).

Best regards
JMFrade

Steven Oliver
User offline. Last seen 11 years 21 weeks ago. Offline
From the P3e (not very helpful) help.

You can "check out" projects so that they can be worked on remotely. Once a project is checked out, it can no longer be modified until it has been checked in. In addition to checking in the project, you may replace the existing project with the remote copy of the project by using the Import wizard.

Amar Aghana
Steven,

With manual I could make them work. Thanks.

Is there any way to use filter for check in and check out.
Amar Aghana
Steven, I think you are suggesting for e&c installed on server. I have problem in sending projects to site and receiving the updated project from site. Do you advise, this is still possible with Check in / out for standa alone versions? Need little more details please.
Steven Oliver
User offline. Last seen 11 years 21 weeks ago. Offline
Have a look at Check In/ Check Out.