Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Resource Peak

3 replies [Last post]
Rashid Iqbal
User offline. Last seen 16 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi,

P3 have an option to show resource peak in Resource Table or Histogram. I am trying the same in P3e and have somewhat managed to do it with the ’spreadsheet option’ available in Resource Spreadsheet. The result is fairly accurate though I think in some case it may not ‘work’ as this option is for calculating the average and not the peak. Thinking that this function is quite an important one and believing that Primavera would not have missed it, I searched quite a lot though with no success.

I would appreciate if anyone could show me as to where this ‘resource peak’ option is hiding.

Regards
Rashid

Replies

Rashid Iqbal
User offline. Last seen 16 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
It is really a very important function and i used it in my efforts to level the reosurces manually. Anyways, as now i know it is not there, i ’ll try to find some other method. Thanks a lot.

Regards
Rashid
Niek Zonneveld
User offline. Last seen 1 year 50 weeks ago. Offline
I’m afraid this one is still missing in P3e Rashid.

The best way to go about this is to call Primavera and add you name/company to an enhancement request. If more users are missing this functionality there is a distinct chance it will be incorporated in one of the next releases.

Cheers,

Niek.
Rajeev Nelliyodan
User offline. Last seen 8 years 3 weeks ago. Offline
P3e/c or P3e is only 50% powerful on reports and in handling resource & cost account.Even it has flaw on organzing resource & cost account if you have multiple assignment on one activity.

Getting back to peak,it does not have this option.The only available is average on spread sheet option.

this is the same for resource profile.The profile do not have any flexibilty in changing y axis.It does not show data values on top of resource profile also as in p3 graphics.