Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

How to start with P3 ec

4 replies [Last post]
Ahamed Shabeer
User offline. Last seen 9 years 21 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi there,

I have recently migrated to P3 ec from P3 3.1. As P3 ec is entirely different from P3, I don’t know how to start with new project. I have installed sample project during installation. So when I wanna start a strurcture or schedule for my organisation, it is getting added to the sample.

Please explain how to get start with p3 ec

Replies

Syed Ali Hasan
User offline. Last seen 8 years 9 weeks ago. Offline
Ahmed,

I strongly suggest that you go in for Primavera certified training from the authourized reseller in UAE, which is PROJACS, telephone 04-3432339 (contact for details).

Regards,

Syed
Puneet Gupta
User offline. Last seen 10 years 17 weeks ago. Offline
Ok
If you wish you can delete these sample EPS & OBS (Filtering is the better option) and Create your own EPS, I hope you know how to create EPS.

Once you create your EPS , add your project in this EPS.
Regards
Ahamed Shabeer
User offline. Last seen 9 years 21 weeks ago. Offline
Hi there,

but i have already installed sample project. SO there is already EPS and OBS. Then how can i feed my EPS and OBS in order to add my project in that EPS and OBS..

Pls explain.. regds
Puneet Gupta
User offline. Last seen 10 years 17 weeks ago. Offline
Hi
To start with P3 e/c you need to understand first about Enterprise project Structure, Organization Breakdown structure, Once you defined your EPS, Add your project in your EPS, if you dont want to see the sample projects you can filter them in project window.

Regards