Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

A TRAINING LINK OR BOOK FOR P3E?!

8 replies [Last post]
Parisa Hakami
User offline. Last seen 20 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
HI EVERYONE;
DOES ANYBODY COULD HELP ME TO FIND A BOOK OR LINK... TO LEARN HOW TO USE AND IMPLEMENT P3E(PRIMAVERA ENTERPRISE)?
THANKS.

Replies

Nagandran VN Sin...
User offline. Last seen 12 years 43 weeks ago. Offline
Good News for planners.

Sometime back I have mentioned about having Oil and Gas Offshore Structures Planning Course/Training. All the arrangement has been made to conduct such kind of training by end July, 2010.

Remember: This course is only applicable for junior planner in oil and gas Industry (2-5 years) and those interested to know Oil and Gas Industry. The people who are already in Oil and Gas industry many years...not worth to take this course.

Those who are interested, please contact: Meena+60162150635
or email me at : snagandran@hotmail.com
D Artagnan
User offline. Last seen 2 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
thanks. fortunately the book that was given to me by a friend was yours.

i have already started reading and applying the book.

Paul Harris
User offline. Last seen 1 year 5 weeks ago. Offline
Dear Adrianne

All ordering details for my books are on mt web site at www.eh.com.au.

Paul E Harris
Eastwood Harris Pty Ltd, Melbourne, Australia
Planning and Scheduling Training Manual & Book Publishers, Consulting and Training
www.eh.com.au

D Artagnan
User offline. Last seen 2 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
Mr. Paul Harris,

How can i order P6 tutorial from you? I am currently in doha, qatar and working as a junior planning engineer. Or can you suggest like list of books I should have to have a fast track learning and application to my job.

Thanks.

Adrianne
MK TSE
User offline. Last seen 3 years 47 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
As a start, "Moving from P3 to P3e/c for Construction" published by Primavera. 150 pages only, major compare functions between P3 and P3e/c, refresh our skill set by new tool.
Parisa Hakami
User offline. Last seen 20 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
Thanks Mr. Harris for ur reply.Please inform me as ur book is ready.

Waiting 4 ur email.

Paul Harris
User offline. Last seen 1 year 5 weeks ago. Offline
I am in the process of waiting for Primavera Systems to give me permission to publish my Primavera Enterprise Version 3.5 books. Once I receive their approval the book will be available within a week.

I have finished the P3e & P3e/c Version and I am creating a TeamPlay Version.

The books focus on planning and scheduling a single project in an established Primavera Enterprise environment and is written so they may be used as:
- A training manual for a two-day training course, or
- A self teach book, or
- A reference manual.

You will find a table of contents and some sample chapters that you may download plus the usual Authors write up on how good the book is.

To assist experienced schedulers to become productive quickly, they explain the differences between Primavera Enterprise and the other scheduling software that I am familiar with and written books on, e.g. P3, SureTrak and Microsoft Project. It does not cover the Enterprise features in detail, just enough to create a schedule and start working on scheduling a project. I do not cover the non scheduling functions like Risks and Documents, this amy appear in later versions.

There is also a book title Construction Scheduling with Primavera Enterprise by David A. Marchman available on Amazon.com. It appears from the text that it is written on version 2 but you may need to check this.

Paul E Harris
Eastwood Harris Pty Ltd
Planning and Scheduling Book Publishers
www.eh.com.au
MK TSE
User offline. Last seen 3 years 47 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I remember Primavera had released a book on this issue. I’m not sure PDF version is on CD or not.