Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Manual or Book on Report in P3e

6 replies [Last post]
Shahrol Sabaruddin
User offline. Last seen 12 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
are there any book or manual on how to use the report in P3e?

Replies

Paul Harris
User offline. Last seen 1 year 6 days ago. Offline
My current Primavera Version 4.1 book only covers the scheduling functions of the software, I have not covered reports, risks and issues.

Paul E Harris
Eastwood Harris Pty Ltd, Melbourne, Australia
Planning and Scheduling Book Publishers, Training & Consulting
www.eh.com.au
Henk van der Heide
User offline. Last seen 6 years 15 weeks ago. Offline
Hi there,

One tip.

Have you tried the report wizard yet ?
It will make a report based on your current filter and layout. Just by clicking through it (without changing anything).
After this you only have to do some finetuning.

regards

Henk
Shahrol Sabaruddin
User offline. Last seen 12 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
Paul,

I think my weakness in P3e (Turnaround and Maintenace Version)are how to produce are report. You need to do trial and error for you to get what you really want. Standard P3e manual does not mention what, where and how to do it.

My question does your book have this sort of thing, meaning which data source you need to input to get what you really want?

Hope you could help.

Thanks.

Shahrol Sabaruddin.
P.S. I’ve yet to read your book. It seems I couldn’t afford it yet. Do you have sort of soft copy that I could buy? Probably, it is much cheaper? :)
Paul Harris
User offline. Last seen 1 year 6 days ago. Offline
I have now completed an update of my P3e Version 3.5 book to Primavera Version 4.1 - for Engineering and Construction. I hope to complete the IT version by the end of the month.

I have also just published a book on Primavera Contractor Version 4.1.

These books are available from my web site www.eh.com.au, www.computermanuals.co.uk, and they will be available from www.amazon.co.uk, www.bestpmbooks.com and www.amazon.com in due course.

Regards
Paul E Harris
Director Eastwood Harris Pty Ltd
Planning and Scheduling Book Publishers
Dayanidhi Dhandapany
User offline. Last seen 3 years 14 hours ago. Offline
Groups: None
When you buy P3e, you will get user manuals(Project Management/Portfolios etc..) along with the cd, that is fair-enough to use the software as well preparation of reports.
Ronald Winter
User offline. Last seen 3 years 2 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I looked on Amazon.com and found two books that might fit the bill,

1. Project Planning & Scheduling Using Primavera Enterprise P3e & P3e/c version 3.5 by Paul E. Harris (Spiral-bound - June 2004)

2. Construction Scheduling with Primavera Enterprise by David A. Marchman (Paperback - June 18, 2002)

I know Paul Harris to be a very competent writer but I have not read either book. Good luck!