Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Primavera P3e Reference Manual

13 replies [Last post]
David Blades
User offline. Last seen 10 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
Dear All

Does anyone have a copy (PDF, Word) of a Primavera P3e Reference Manual please?????

Thanks

Dave

Replies

Clive Randall
User offline. Last seen 16 years 19 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Charlie
Think copyright is more complex than you imagine
I agree totally with your feelings but unfortunately distributing to others, sombody elses technical knowledge is seriously frowned upon under the law
Clive
Charleston-Joseph...
User offline. Last seen 2 years 39 weeks ago. Offline
Thank You Nigel,

I think we will close this topics.

We just dont know what pandora box we will be opening someday. And ...

It is very difficult to offend Uncle Sam. They are different from Planning Planet.

Cheers,

charlie
Nigel Winkley
User offline. Last seen 1 week 3 days ago. Offline
Groups: The GrapeVine
Just in from Primavera.

Dear Nigel,

Thank you for asking about this. Because we’re a US owned company, we’re bound by US Trade Laws and Embargoes. It may seem a bit strange, but even allowing someone look at a copy of the manual is considered an export (because you’re giving them knowledge and information).

As there are certain people and countries we’re not allowed to trade with, Primavera can not issue a general authorisation for manuals (or any other materials) to be sent out to people who are not already Primavera customers. We provide demonstrations and information on our website and have PARs all over the world who potential customers can contact if they would like further information about our products. There is a list of PARs on our website, too (if you go to www.primavera.com and click the "Partners" link)

I’m sure you’ve already inferred this from the above, but please do not post any Primavera documentation on the forum or send it to anyone on the forum. Rather, please ask them to take a look at our website, or to get in touch with us (or one of our PARs) directly for further information.

I shall now close this incident. If you have any further problems or would like to discuss this incident further, please feel free to update this incident through POINT (which will automatically re-open it) or contact us on +44 20 8563 5555 or uktech@primavera.com and we will gladly either re-open this incident or create a new one, as appropriate.

Thank you for contacting Primavera Support. If you have any questions or further problems please contact us again.

With regards,

Miss Ceri Wilkinson
Primavera Customer Support
Charleston-Joseph...
Hi David,

The manuals in Primavera V5.0 total 5 books: they are the following:

1.) Project Management - 520 pages
2.) Admin Guide - 532 pages
3.) Poforlio Analysis - 150 pages
4.) Methodology Management - 226 pages
5.) Migrating from P3 to Primavera v5.0 - 192 pages

The manuals is not similar to bed time stories for example Harry Potter books. It needs hard thinking, imagination and high memory.

If your are working on a multibillion USD project(3B and above), do you think you still have time to read the manuals?

You need a license software Pv5.0 to go hands on/apply what you read and understand in the manual this new kid in town (actually in our planet) invented by Primavera.

I’ll share you a secret: it is very easy to use Primavera v5.0, the work area is beautifully laid out, the heirarchy is convenient, if you copy the wbs, you got an option that the activities will be copied too, it is very efficient in encoding, etc., etc., etc.

Cheers,

Charlie
Marcio Sampaio
User offline. Last seen 11 years 34 weeks ago. Offline
Sorry all ... i never had the intention to offend anyone ... as u can see in my threads ...

Ok ... if Primavera dont mind ... no problem ... i agree that "the more copies out there the better as there will be a better chance of more sales" ... and how much more Primavera users exisits, better to exchange experiences and knowledge ...
Nigel Winkley
Dear All

Next time I contact Primavera’s help desk, I will ask them the question whether they would ’object’ to a copy of the manual being sent to ’non-P3e’ users.

I agree with Charlie and think most peopple wanting the manual are either wanting to have a ’look-see’ to find out what it is all about or are job hunting and want to get an idea in case it comes up at interview.

I would imagine that as far as Primavera are concerned, the more copies out there the better as there will be a better chance of more sales.

Will keep the forum posted when I talk to the Help desk.

Cheers

Nige
Charleston-Joseph...
Hi Marcio,

I don’t find any problem with copyright.

to infringe on copyright law is like a person copy the content of a material (book) and decimated the copy to that person advantage without getting the permission from the owner of the material (book).

In the case of P3e reference manual, i dont think so an individual will gain any advantage by reading the material or decimanating the PDF copy to others. It is very hard to work out the manual without the hand-ons experience i.e, license software loaded into the computer for an individual to practice.

It could be possible or may intellectual property righs will be an issue.

cheers,

Charlie
Marcio Sampaio
Ok ... but manuals are also copyright ... in this case i suggest to by a primavera book ...

http://www.eh.com.au/

Regards.
Charleston-Joseph...
Hello,

David is only asking for PDF copy of P5 manual.

This can be copied from the cd of a license holder of P5.

Propagating the manual may encourage an individual to buy the full license in the event he/she find it worth to buy.

IMHO.

Cheers

Charlie
Marcio Sampaio
how can u have the software on your PC without haver the CDs ...

Is u do not have the CDs ... maybe it is an ilegal license ...
Nigel Winkley
True but if you do not have the CD...
Marcio Sampaio
All manuals are on installation cd.
Nigel Winkley
Dave

PM Sent