Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Problem in re-using existing links in activities pick list when linking predecessor/successor (P6 R8.3)

1 reply [Last post]
Amitabh Kumar
User offline. Last seen 9 years 52 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hello,

I am facing a problem in P6 R8.3. I want to re-use and assign existing links under predecessor/successor tab to another activities as well. After selecting existing link under predecessor/successor tab, when I click on assign then a pop-up window appears and for a moment it shows the activity which is linked as predecessor/successor but then quickly this pop-up window shows activities from the top. And becasue of this issue my work has become very tedious as I can't re-use and re-assign same link easily to other activities and every time I have to type activity id/description on top of this pop-up window.

I know there is one option to copy the existing links while copying the activities but this is not the case. I have already got the activities and modifying the links.

Please suggest some solution to get rid of this issue.

Thanks

Amitabh

Replies

Enosa Iyekekpolo
User offline. Last seen 9 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hello Amitabh,

I believe you will find it easier if you do not ever close the predecessor/ successor pop-up (mini-window) while assigning relationships to activities.

What I mean is that you select the first activity you want to assign a predecessor or sucessor to, then after assigning them, you leave the predecessor/ sucessor pop-up mini-window open, while from your activity table you simply select (left click) the next activity you need to assign predecessors or sucessors to.

I belive this will greatly speed up things for you. Hope it is clear enough, and hope it helps

Enosa