Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

I need advice plz in linking projects

2 replies [Last post]
Furqan Ali Khan
User offline. Last seen 4 years 27 weeks ago. Offline

Dear All valued members

Q. I have 14 small projects (similar in scope with small variation in details, scattered all over the country) which are planned in separate 14 programs but they came under one contract.

For EOT purposes I am supposed to show all projects in one master program (Master baseline and then there will be Impacted Master baseline) to depict the EOT entitlement. can anyone suggest how to do that in Primavera v3/3.1.??

Replies

Vadivelan Rangana...
User offline. Last seen 9 years 32 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Dear Alexendre,

Thanks for your tips. Please help me to resolve my problem. I was working in a company where 24 subcontractors are working under me. We are collecting the schedule from each contractor and I want to project the progress in single master schedule. As said in this post, my each subcontractor is doing different types of works say, One person doing road works, another one building works, and another one plantation works. All these contractors are linked with some where. Now my requirement is any delay by one contractor should impact the delay in overall schedule as well as the sucessor contractor. (Say delay in completion of road works should impact the delay in starting of plantation works by other contractor).

Moreover is there any way of linking certain activities of multiple projects, say I don't want to link the schedules with 4000 activities each, I want to link the critical path activities only.

Thanks and Regards

R.Vadivelan

+97430038604

velu130486@gmail.com