Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Some advice needed.

6 replies [Last post]
Irfaan Adams
User offline. Last seen 18 years 20 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Gentlemen,

Firstly I have to say that this is the best project planning forumn I have come across, well done to all who contributed.
I am currently a project planner for a civil engineering firm in Cape Town, South Africa. I was wondering what the oppurtunities would be like coming over to London to work, is it possible that somebody can outline what skills would be good to have.

Thanks
Irfaan Adams

Replies

Irfaan Adams
Thanks Shahzad I thought that that would be the best way to go, I was just wondering if anyone using this site has gone to the UK and got a planning job.
Shahzad Munawar
User offline. Last seen 8 years 50 weeks ago. Offline
Irfan

In UK, recruiters will help you in finding job. So first complete your immigration then contact recruiters in UK for job.
Irfaan Adams
I uploaded it already, would you like to see it, i can email it to you, and if possible can you maybe give me some suggestions.
Jaco Stadler
User offline. Last seen 17 years 26 weeks ago. Offline
Planning Planet as a start. (Approx 300 jobs for UK per Week) send your CV
Irfaan Adams
Excellent, and how do I get a British passport, actually is it the same as a Working Visa.
Assuming I get to London and I have all my requirements to work in the country, how would you suggest I go about finding a job in planning?
Jaco Stadler
User offline. Last seen 17 years 26 weeks ago. Offline
Only a British Passport is needed (No Skills is required)