Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

SureTrak Questions

3 replies [Last post]
Treighton Mauldin
User offline. Last seen 14 years 13 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I am trying to create a Master Project with 3 Sub projects in SureTrak for a $700M Hospital Master Plan Project in California.

I have never tried to create a master project/sub project environment in SureTrak. Can anyone help me out?

Replies

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 8 hours 15 min ago. Offline
10-4
Treighton Mauldin
User offline. Last seen 14 years 13 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Thanks! i figured it out, i was not sure that using a project group would allow me to have interproject links and allow multi user access to the sub projects.

but it does and so far it is working...

again thanks!
Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 8 hours 15 min ago. Offline
Treighton,

Welcome to PP.

Assuming you know how to work stand alone jobs in SureTrak:

>Use SureTrak help looking for the keyword "Group".
>Then, Investigate Apex Sample Job, it will give you some clues by mere observation of project naming under Project Properties of the Project Group and Member projects.
>Now you are ready to start: Start by Creating your Project Group, this will be your Main Job where you will add your activities for the main job. Then Create/Add your Member Projects. -Use the same planning unit on all jobs.

Best Regards,
Rafael