Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

I need your help

2 replies [Last post]
Jason LI
User offline. Last seen 3 years 42 weeks ago. Offline
Dear all,
I need your help,if you have basic design schedule and detail design schedule, like chemical or oil refinery etc. Please kindly send to my personal email box: li2905492@hotmail.com.
Many thanks.

Replies

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 15 hours 35 min ago. Offline
Usually design schedules if outsourced are based on contract milestones for design phases such as Conceptual Design, Preliminary Design, 60%, 90% & 100%, details might vary. But if you do in-house design then you got to get into the details. I am from the civil contracting business but at very few times we end up doing some works at pharmaceuticals, chemical or for the couple of petro at the island. I know some mechanical estimators use Gulf Publishing Books as a reference. The following might provide you some help or at least a link where to search for more appropriate references.

http://www.gulfpub.com/product.asp?PositionID=cart&ProductID=2706&Catalo... design&SearchTypeID=&SearchInterestID=&PageMove=3

http://yirfan.blogspot.com/2009/01/yim318-conceptual-cost-estimating.html

Best regards,
Rafael

Samer Zawaydeh
User offline. Last seen 5 years 7 weeks ago. Offline
Dear Jack,

It would be much more benefitial if you get a copy of your contract documents and especially the BOQ and sit with your Project Team and start building you Program of Works.

With kind regards,

Samer