Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

please help, resources quantities not behaving as usual

3 replies [Last post]
Keyel Isorena
User offline. Last seen 2 years 21 weeks ago. Offline
I am using Primavera 3.1 & I have a schedule which has resources that has no unit costs & cost accounts. copied it and added the cost accounts and the unit costs. the original schedule have already been updated for several weeks. after i set up the other and updated the same with the progress (including actual dates) from the original schedule, the historical data has been changed somehow. the curves & histograms of the two with regards to the budget quantities were very diffent. another thing i noticed was before, when i input the percent complete of the activity, it automatically computes for the quantities this period and the quantities to date although not with the resource precent complete/expended. however, now even if ive updated the progress of the activities, it doesnt reflect on the resources’ quantities any more. i have more than 1 resource per activity. i also noticed that the the resouce early dates of the activities does not equal that of the activities actual dates.

can someone please help me resolve the issue. ive been figuring it out for about 3 days now and i still dont have a clear picture as to the explanation behind it or better yet a solution to the problem.

Replies

Anoon Iimos
User offline. Last seen 2 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
Do you mean you got no more problem? Your question is not very clear to me to be honest.

It seems that you are working with a resource-loaded program complete with units and costs. What’s the common unit that you used by the way? When you’re running the schedule, do you use resource units as the weighting factor? Do you link percent complete and remaining duration?

When you load your resources, I believe that you need to specify the "units per day". Are these units freezed?

please give some specifics
Keyel Isorena
User offline. Last seen 2 years 21 weeks ago. Offline
thanks for the reply Anoon but the aucost rules and the summarization options of both are consitent.
Anoon Iimos
User offline. Last seen 2 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
check the following: Autocost Rules; Summarization (are they consistent?); have you made the target before any updates?