Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

2nd target why?

2 replies [Last post]
James Braghini
User offline. Last seen 13 years 28 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I’ve been using the early bar and creating a target bar for comparing the baseline schedule to first update. P3 manual states to create a 2nd target to evaluate against the last update. It states, "To retain historial data for each update period, rename Target 2 after each update period. An easy way to keep track of these projects is to name the project using the update period it represents. For example Target 2 projects saved during the month of April might be names 0407, 0414, 0421, 0428." I use F9 to move the date data, thus moving the early bar and leaving Target 1 as the baseline. I am confused on how to use Target 2 for evaluations and how to save. Can someone give me a simple explanation?

Replies

A D
User offline. Last seen 3 years 23 weeks ago. Offline
What I used to do is to create two targets earlier, (When working from COntractor side)

Target 1 is the baseline programme and Target 2 is the last month/week updated programme, so that u can find where we have slipped in last week / month.

Easy to tackle the slippage

Cheers,

Ravi
Charleston-Joseph...
User offline. Last seen 2 years 39 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
James,

Target 1 is generally the approved baseline programme.

As periodic update is done, the current update will be compared to the approved baseline target 1.

As project progress periodically, there will be a point in time that the client representative will notice that the current schedule that undergoes periodic update will be showing delays. Such delays needs to be rectified and mitigation measure will be implemented.

In FIDIC, the management of program (plans and schedules) is found in clause 14. Clause 14.1 is related to baseline program. Clause 14.2 is related to revision of plan.

Upon instruction by the client representative, the contractor will prepare a revise program. This revise program will undergoes reviews prior of final approval.

the current schedule will be continually updated using the previous latest periodic file, say 0428, and this will be compared to target 1, the original baseline program and to target 2, the revise baseline programme still under review by the client representative.

This is only my opinion because a lot of resistance from the contractor to do this approach.

Cheers,
Charlie