Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Filtering Negative lag

5 replies [Last post]
Rahmat Hidayat
User offline. Last seen 27 weeks 6 days ago. Offline
I’ve Boss more crazy now, he ask me to filter all activities with FS negative lag. How to do that best in P3 ? but pls don’t ask to do that manually ’coz I’ll be crazy also.

Thx in advance if u r genius.

Replies

Rahmat Hidayat
Thanks DATTATREYA I get the point. I ’ll try to filter them in Excel and marry them using lookup function. U r right it must be easy to change any relationships there in Excel as we want. After that I’ll try to re-import.I believe u r one of P3 masters.

Hi ulysses, I’m Contractor and also Client of our Subcontractors. My friend make that (-) lags before he go, so risk on me now..lol. I’m sorry dude the original question is not clear for u. Enjoy in Qatar, I think it’s good and safe country like Japan.
ulysses garcia
User offline. Last seen 13 years 12 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Qatar
Rahmat,

Are you contractor or client side, who make this lags?

Also, are you trying to change lag to + ?, you do not mentioned it in your 1st original question..

make it clear what do you want to do
DATTATREYA PADHARTHI
User offline. Last seen 5 years 20 weeks ago. Offline
Hidayat,

pl export all the successor relationship in the export feature in either dbf or\excel. You will get a list of all activities with successor , lag duration & type of relation ship. You can filter all negative lags. As for other details like title & codes, export the normal activity content in a separate file & link/marry these two files & produce whatever report you boss wants. I have just re-checked the procedure & it works well.

Cheers
Dattatreya
Rahmat Hidayat
Oh ulysses..it means thousands of lags like sands in the beach. U know after that I have to change those negative lags to ss&ff positive lags. I hope this problem not happen to u :[). Anyway thanks a lot for your input.

I love Qatar.
ulysses garcia
User offline. Last seen 13 years 12 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Qatar
You can give a list of lag to your boss in other option, using report then tabular; this will give you list of lags.
maybe in some software you can filter lags, but in p3 in wont.