Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Resource loading based on late dates.

4 replies [Last post]
Tahir Naseem PMP,...
User offline. Last seen 5 years 26 weeks ago. Offline
Dear All

I prepared S-curve in excel after getting resource loading report from P3 because client need some makeup & good looking format. Any how this will not affect on data. My problem is that this resource loading available only based on early dates. I want to prepare the same for late dates.
For the graphical report P3 provide the both but for the tabular report has this limitation. If some one has any idea / solution to guide me.
Regards
Tahir

Replies

Dayanidhi Dhandapany
User offline. Last seen 3 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
A piece of advice, store Early Start and Early Finish dates in Custom Data Items(CDI) defined variables Planned Start(PLST) and Planned Finish(PLFN) before making changes to store the late dates(LS/LF) info into early dates(ES/EF), then it will be easy to transfer back early dates info (once the required job has been done)from the stored CDI variables to Early Start and Early Finish dates.

HTH
Eugene K
User offline. Last seen 12 years 45 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Malaysia
HI all,

just to share, alternatively you can generate a res.tabular report and select BOTH early and Late dates (or just LATE if you only want late dates).

the major diff is that is gives the time period in rows, then just copy/paste the values into excel.
Tahir Naseem PMP,...
User offline. Last seen 5 years 26 weeks ago. Offline
Dear Kelly
your first suggestion is good and practicle without any impact to your current schedule.
I did it and got the result. i will explain for the others
Make a copy of current schedule
apply global change
run the resource loading report.

Thanks again a lot for the help
Regards
Tahir
David Kelly
User offline. Last seen 1 year 41 weeks ago. Offline
You will have to use a global change to set all the early dates equal to the late dates before running a Load Report.

An alternative I have used in the past is to add a zero-free-float constraint to every activity and schedule before running the load report. This gives the "late as possible" data, which might be as interestin g as the "late" data.