Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Bidirectional link with excel !!!

6 replies [Last post]
mimoune djouallah
User offline. Last seen 4 years 40 weeks ago. Offline
hi all

Do you know a free (as in beer) software to link (bidirectional ) between excel and P3.

Cheers
Mimoune

Ps: hope this not a redundant thread, drawback of lack of searching

Replies

Alex Wong
User offline. Last seen 11 years 5 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS
mimoune

I think I did memtion that if you know how to use P3-SDK and ODBC link, you can program the link yourself (So that is the free tool if you are a computer person)

Contractor - It build base on the model of P3e/Teamplay, I was working with Primavera at the time when they developing the (lighter version of P3e). It is a similar concepts as the relationship between P3 and Surtrak - P3e and Contractor. HTH

Alex
mimoune djouallah
Hi Alexander, and you too Alex

Thanks for your replies ;)

Alex, as expected, no free tools available (it is a strange notion for primavera & co) but why complaining? People are very happy, buying a 16 bit 5 years old software.

BTW, Alex, I saw there is a new version of contractor? Apart from the maximum activities limitation, does it have the same features as P3?

Off topic discussion:

Alexander, I was speechless (can’t find another world), but not in the wrong meaning, it is still a very sensitive subject even after 44 years for the two parties (at least for me). I never knew my country pre-independence era, but let’s say I am just a stupid nationalist reactionary guy.

Looking to have further discussion in private if you are interested?

Cheers
Mimoune
Alex Wong
User offline. Last seen 11 years 5 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS
There is freebies in P3 that link with excel by using SDK and ODBC driver provided.

But the first step is you need to know how to programming them.

Or you can contact me so that I wrote the program for you but that will cost you a lot more than a beer

Good Luck

Alex
mimoune djouallah
Hi Alexandre

I think you are speaking about the included excel file ( with macro in VB), my point was about a software ( I think they call them connector). So when I change data in excel automatically they change in P3. A friend tell me they can do this MS projet ( binding)

The drawback with database driver they only work in one sense p3-front end ( excel, access, info maker

Cheers
Mimoune

Ps : saha khou ? never thought before chatting in Arabic with French guy ;)