Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Undo, Displaying Target/baseline bars

4 replies [Last post]
Kalin Kanev
User offline. Last seen 18 years 28 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi,
Can somebody help me wwith few (may be simple) things.
I haven’t been using P3 for years and now I feel handcuffed not being able to do simple things:
1. Undo changes. I don’t remember to had had similar problems. In MS project, OK, I can live with just one step back but here I can’t get back at all.
2. How to display progress vs. target on a single chart. It is shown in the book but doesn’t say how to import the baseline in the chart

Thank you very much
Kalin

Replies

Kalin Kanev
Thanks,
I found the problem. There is an option - position - in the format/bar dialog box. Because for all bars - early, float and target - the value was 1, I was getting them overlapped. So, having 2 for the target, I got it just under the actual.
Best regards
Kalin
Steven Oliver
User offline. Last seen 11 years 21 weeks ago. Offline
Have you assigned the target to the current plan ?. When you open the format bars dialog box, can you select the target bars?. If both are true. Check the row setting on the target bar. The plans are indexed by the activity ID, the activity ID in the current plan must exist in the target plan for a bar to be displayed.

HTH

Kalin Kanev
Thanks,
I have the target as a separate file, in the same directory but I do not how to get it on the screen together with the actual progress. I tried to add it as target bar in the format bar dialog box but it doesn’t work or overlaps with the actual.
regards
Kln
Steven Oliver
User offline. Last seen 11 years 21 weeks ago. Offline
1. No Undo in P3, never has been, never will be.
2. You need to define the target project before you can display information from it. It must reside in the same directory as your project. From memory, its under the File, Project menu.

HTH