Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Physical % of Completion Vs Schedule % completeion

2 replies [Last post]
JOSEPH ASHLYN
User offline. Last seen 15 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi All,

In P3 can we schedule the program based on two rules

1. Physical % Completion.
2. Time elapsed.

can you solve this example.

A activity has 10 days duration. During updation up to run date percentage complete is 50%. P3 caluclates the remaining duration and extend the end date by 5 days from the run date. Now if i want to show that the elapsed time is 50% and the physical percentage is 0%, and still meet the end date (without puting an expected finish date constraint) in the remaing duration. i.e i will finish the activity 100% in the remaing duration (say with additional resources) to keep the end date the same in the updated schedule. Is this possible. if not how do we link actual Physical and time elapsed % in P3

Hope the crowd can come up with a solution

Cheers

Bye
Joseph

Replies

Razi Khan
User offline. Last seen 7 years 30 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi,

Unlink the remaining duration with %complete from AutoCost rules. Than fill the RD.

Cheers
Raja Izat Raja Ib...
User offline. Last seen 12 years 47 weeks ago. Offline
Hi joseph,
u can play round resource lag, and shift every resources for that activities to 50% elapsed time, so the physical progress will show 0% and Time duration showing 50% or u can put as non working day for that activities for activities for 5 days.
hope this can works...