Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Stored period performance

5 replies [Last post]
Francis Moyalan, ...
User offline. Last seen 4 years 49 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi all,

I am Planner working in primavera,

I wanted to know the relevance and usage of stored period performance,

if anybody out there can help me,

do so,

regards,

Francis

Replies

Brennan Westworth
User offline. Last seen 6 years 50 weeks ago. Offline
Yes you need to be diligent with your backups so that you can go back to correct any errors you have made whilst entering your progress.

Also, period performance should only be stored once you have completed your reports for that period. This way you can show "to date" as well as "this period" information.

Basically the steps are:
- Update
- Backup
- Store Period Performance
- Repeat
Jose Frade
User offline. Last seen 3 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
Hello Sam

As far as I know the only way you can reverse the Store Period comand is if you do a previous backup.

In general I allways do this backup and I keep the previous period open (without Storing period).

At the begin of the new period I do a copy of the project to a new database and the first operation I do is to Store the period performance - like this all values for the period go zero and I can start recording the progress for the new period.

Best regards

JMFrade
Francis Moyalan, ...
Hi ,

When we are reporting the earned value without using the stored period performnace after sheduling it with a data date,

Then what is seen is, even if you are not having any progress in a month then also the earned value will be distributed over the period where u have not reported any progress,

So it’s always better to store it after schedulimg,

Regards,

Francis
Francis Moyalan, ...
Hi Sukumaran,

Now doubt seems to be cleared to a certain extend,

the idea given by you is really good,

thanks,

Francis

Sukumaran Subaram...
User offline. Last seen 8 years 39 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Malaysia
Primavera described Store Period Performance as stated below

P3 spreads actual data evenly from the recorded actual start date to the data date. You can have P3 store
actual cost, use, and earned value for each update period. You can analyze historical data using the Resource Table or
Resource Loading report.

Tips for storing period performance:

¨ Define prices for resources in the Resource Dictionary before storing period performance. Changing prices after
closing out an update period may result in cost variances.

¨ Project controls coordinator should establish a regular timeperiod, such as monthly or quarterly, for performing updates. Using a consistent timeperiod to store performance data makes it easier to analyze historical data later.

To store period performance:

1 Add activities, assign resources to them, and schedule your project.
2 Record progress by assigning an actual start to each activity and updating the resource’s quantity this period or quantity to date.
3 Change the data date to a date that is later than all of the actual dates you recorded and schedule the project again.
4 Choose Tools, Store Period Performance, and click Store Now.

P3 resets the Actual Quantity and Cost This Period of all resources to zero in anticipation of the next update period.

If P3 cannot close out all resource assignments, it creates a log file (CLOSEOUT.OUT) in your Userloc folder listing the assignments it could not process. P3 also creates an audit file in the Projects folder named HST.OUT that contains a history of closeout dates for the project.

Regards.