Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Project.xls, Activity.xls

9 replies [Last post]
Johnny Xu
User offline. Last seen 5 years 7 weeks ago. Offline
Hi, folks,

When I want to open the Project.xls or Activity.xls, the error message prompts out:
“Could not load an object because it is not available on this machine”

When I want to locate the project and click on "browse" button, the error message prompts out with Microsoft Visual Basic window:
Microsoft Visual Basic
Compile error:
Variable not found

Any solution?

Many thanks.

Replies

MK TSE
User offline. Last seen 3 years 47 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Different version to those components may cause the problem.
Dayanidhi Dhandapany
User offline. Last seen 3 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
Dear Johny,

Good. may be you can seek your company’s IT team support to rectify the problem.

Good Luck.

Regards

Daya
Johnny Xu
Mr Dhandapany,

Yes, I did check the first 4 check-box under tool>reference, but it still doesn’t work. And I tried using my home computer, it works. I think it is something to do with my office windows or office envirenment settings.

Thank for you help.

Johnny
Dayanidhi Dhandapany
Hello Johny,

Have you received the attachment to check the library items to be included in the VBA Editor(Tools->References......)in your Excel application.

i need your feed back..........

Cheers!!

Daya
MK TSE
That’s fine. Normally, not all Office components are installed in typical installation. Check those missing one related to VBA.
Johnny Xu
Thanks.

I am using MS Office 2000 SR-1.

Johnny
MK TSE
Further may I know which Microsoft Office version you have installed?

To add those missing component, from Control Panel, a list of installed program listed, select MsOffice and click the icon, a wizard will guide you to repair, add/remove component etc. Please make the Office CD ready also since some action may call CD.
MK TSE
Some Office components not been installed on your machine.
Dayanidhi Dhandapany
Dear Johny,

I think you are talking about Primavera’s Ra application in Excel. You have to check with the variable associated with the browse button option in Excel VBA. Have you done any modifications in the Excel VBA files before? Try to run the program in debug mode and find the soultion or send me the files to plannerdaya@yahoo.com. Let me try it from my pc here and tell you whether i get the same message or not.

Regards

Daya