Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Deleting Actual Start & Finish, Relationships(FF,F

5 replies [Last post]
Alfon Lyndon Joson
User offline. Last seen 7 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Dear Experts

Is there a command in Global Change where i can delete the Actual Starts, Actual Finish and so with the Relationships like FF, FS and the likes?

Thanks in advance...

ALFON
SCDC

Replies

Adnan Kocak
User offline. Last seen 2 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Alfon,

Yes the way it’s going from Glabel Change. But be Carefull, before you run it, please run in trial run and check the activities.

Adnan
MK TSE
User offline. Last seen 3 years 46 weeks ago. Offline
Alternative, make a copy of the project. Then delete all activities in the copy.
Export all information EXCEPT relationship from source and import to the copied project.
Hope help.
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 2 years 28 weeks ago. Offline
I recently wanted to delete all of the relationships in my schedule. P3 help directed me to open my p3.ini file and add a line to the Options. If you run Windows, find the p3.ini file in the WIN/or/WINNT folder under your C:. Open the P3.ini folder and find the Options category. At the bottom add the line "Unlinkallrels=1". Save the file then and open your project. Highlight the specific activities you want to unlink and select the unlink button. All of the links between the highlighted activities you had will be deleted. Search under "P3.ini" in P3 Help. Good luck.
Luca Basile
User offline. Last seen 9 years 11 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS
You can also export in dbf format activity id, description, the dates and percentage and remaining duration.
Make the changes and import back.
When You import the early and latest dates You have also a fields "ESA" and "EFA" that is actually reminding that the dates areactual. In this just take out the "A".
May be You can have a better felling of what You are doing than using a global change.

When You import remember, if You use excel, define the database range (Insert->Name), then save as DBIII format, or P3 will not read it.
When import in P3 close the file in excel or access!

If during the progress You changed the logic, you have to re-establish the original logic, otherwise no problem.
Alfon Lyndon Joson
User offline. Last seen 7 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Dragos..

Can you further explain what to do in Activity.xls in deleting relationships?

Thanks and best regards..

ALFON
SCDC