Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Delayed Line

8 replies [Last post]
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 2 years 29 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi, I need show a "delayed line" like ms project does (zig-zag line). I have a Target Project and a Project wich I’m updating weekly. José pd.- Sorry 4 english, I don’t speak & write very good.

Replies

Bernard Ertl
User offline. Last seen 9 years 20 weeks ago. Offline
Well this thread is a poor reflection on the Planning Planet IMO. Thank you Callum for the only response worth reading. Let’s keep replies on topic please. Otherwise we will just lock the thread.

Bernard Ertl
InterPlan Systems Inc. - Project Management Software, Project Planning Software
Forum Guest
Your English is bad too...check your grammar please!
To show "the delayed-line", "zig-zag line" or..., in P3 3.1: View-Progress Line.

Ciao!
Forum Guest
Well its easy... Can be done in 2 steps:

Step-1: Just delete the project file and shut the computer off.

Step-2: Now slowly raise your hands in air and shout.. "project is delayed.... project is delayed....project is delayed....project is delayed.... & you have lost everything". It works perfect.

Since your english is poor, it don’t matter what people post in their reply anyways !
callum hood
User offline. Last seen 19 years 46 weeks ago. Offline
For a single activity delay
Go to:
View,
Activity detail,
Dates,
At the bottom of the box it has suspend and resume dates, set them as to your requirements.
While suspended the bar becomes a thin blue line.

Or
If your resources are driving and they have caused the delay, if you go to:
Data
Calendars
Then click resource at the top of the box you can allocate time off in the calendar for that resource alone. You can then set up your bar to neck for this period.

Or
If the whole project is delayed you can just go into calendar and make the delay non-working time on the base. Again you can set up your bar to neck this period.

I’m not 100% sure of what you need/ where the delay is coming from and I’ve only been planning for a few months so there is probably a better way of doing what you want.

I just thought this would be more helpful than telling you that your english is bad.

Cheers
Forum Guest
Stop talking nonsense!
Forum Guest
Thanks

José
Forum Guest
No, your English is extremely good! and is Professional!
Forum Guest
The English using is really profesional that i ever heard!