Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

how to get a column showing cost in cost loading r

5 replies [Last post]
Sajid Mohd
User offline. Last seen 20 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi Guys , i need some help like how to get a column showing cost values of each activity in cost loading report which is converted into the excel report format.

Replies

Michael Byrne
User offline. Last seen 19 years 35 weeks ago. Offline
Sajid,
Just to eliminate the obvious, under the "Format" tab of the cost loading report, be sure that the "summary report" checkbox is off. If this does not sor out your problem, please describe the colums & layout of the csv file that is being generated.
Good Luck,

Michael.
Michael Byrne
Sajid,

Sorry for the late reply, christmas parties have kept me out of the office for the last few days.

What you are doing seems fine to me. I think the problem must lie in how your costs are set up.
Is each activity cost loaded individually?
Are you assigning costs to activities based upon resource costs are by using cost accounts?
I use cost accounts and the method you described, works for me.
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 2 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
michale,
Thanks for ur reply. i followed the steps and got the report in excel but still i’m missing a column which shows cost of each activity. let me explain my question to further level.
Preparing Cost Loading Report in CSV Format.......
Under the Format i have chosen the following:
1)export report in csv file
2)Organize by Area
3)group By None
4) summary check marked and rest of the format options r as it is
UNDER the Time scle i have chosen the following:
1) the time range validate the project period.
2) display unit is set to weekly
UNDER Resource selection and the seclection box i have chosen nothing and i think i ’m making some mistake in these areas, thats why i’m not getting a column which shows the cost value of each activity. please reply me if u c my question. thanks!
Sajid Mohd
User offline. Last seen 20 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
thnaks
Michael Byrne
Sajid,
If I am reading your question correctly, simply go: Tools - Tabuluar Reports - Cost - Loading. Then "add" your own report. Under the "format" tab, click " Export report in CSV format, and beneath this organise your activities as you want. Be sure that the timescales are set to suit the project. When the CSV file is generated, simply save it down as an excel file. I hope I’ve interpreted your question correctly. Let me know if this works for you.

Michael