Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Compatability of P3 ver 2.0b to Win XP

3 replies [Last post]
Ranish KT
User offline. Last seen 20 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
Hi Planner,

Joined this group recently. Intersting to find various topics ......now my prob not really a planning issue, if any one can help......
In windows XP, with the feature of running the incompatible software in Win98/Me mode I am able to use the P3 ver 2 software. However the resourse profile display blinks continuosly and the printer wont accept more than a page at a time. While trying to print two or more pages a general error appears. Other softwares I am not facing any problem.

Thanks

Replies

Jorge Taguinod
User offline. Last seen 2 years 19 weeks ago. Offline
You need to be under maintenance though, to make the switch for free.

P3 3.1 has great new features which makes the investment worthwhile.

- It has editable period performance. The period performance eliminates the "inconsistent s-curve" previously plaguing earlier versions of P3.

- Progress spotlighting eliminates the need to perform a filter to update activities due this period.

- A progress line can now be displayed to show which activities are delayed or advanced at a glance.

- Project codes allow easy input of codes that are common across subprojects.

- resource assignment allow you to load similar resources with similar UPT or BQ across multiple activities in one shot

- Most of all, you now have the Primavera Post Office!

- plus other nifty items!

Happy planning!

Jorge
Nihat Yildirim
User offline. Last seen 1 year 51 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
P3 2.0 is not supported anymore and wont work properly on Win XP.
You have to switch to the current version, 3.1
Ronald Winter
User offline. Last seen 3 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
There is your problem. You are running an out-of-date P3 on a new computer. I just looked at the P3 technical support site and the knowledgebase does not even include problem fixes for Version 2.

The Current version of P3 is Version 3.1, Service Pack 1. The Knowledgebase states that you must be running Btreve Version 6.15 of later to run XP. If your version of P3 is working at all, then count your blessings.