Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Back up file

5 replies [Last post]
Abraham Banlawe
User offline. Last seen 12 years 37 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Im running P3 ver 2b.. I had to copy my file to a recordable cd as one of the back up but whenever I browse the recordable cd it cant read from there any suggestion ...

Replies

A.Jaffer Sadiq
User offline. Last seen 5 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Qatar

u can copy to desktop it will open

Ali Hamouda
User offline. Last seen 7 years 47 weeks ago. Offline
Yes sir,

you are right,I have met this problem,and to overcome this.I copy the files to my Hard disk then I go to properties and I change the file attribute to archeive instead of Read only.

But I don,t know whether there is a choice in the burning CD, to copy and change the file attribute to archeive(I.e not read only)?

thanks
Robin Jongen
User offline. Last seen 16 years 12 weeks ago. Offline
Back up to a CD. When you burn something on a CD the software makes everthing read only. This is why you can not run it from a Cd. Regards, Robin Jongen
Greg Stacey
User offline. Last seen 6 years 10 weeks ago. Offline
P3 will not read files from a CD. Use the P3 back-up function to minimise file size when backing up, then restore from the CD to your computer/server.
Mohd Mahd
User offline. Last seen 16 years 12 weeks ago. Offline
well, try to copy those files to ur hard drive. then change them to a readable status. then, they should be workable one if they were not damaged.
If u will not be able to copy them, it means u have a bad cd copy, ... not usable.
wishing it was of some help. Mohd