Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P3 Tips Information

8 replies [Last post]
Shamas Ibrahim
User offline. Last seen 6 years 11 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Anybody have any good P3 tips or downloads. I am intrested in interfaces between excel and P3 and any utilities people have developed that makes this easier.

I am still new to P3 but learning fast and good productivity enhancement tips are always welcome.

Replies

Gopikrishna Jille...
User offline. Last seen 3 years 38 weeks ago. Offline
i would like to know about building construction stages and their detaill. any one who is having experience in that please guide me.

Tom Hadley
User offline. Last seen 17 weeks 2 days ago. Offline
YES,

I agree as far as expeort import is concerned.
allways do a dummy run first regrdless of if you are
using Excel or Access.
Daryl Walcroft
User offline. Last seen 14 years 13 hours ago. Offline
Have a look at the Primaplan's Flint software on http://www.primaplan.com , we have a demo copy and it looks very good.
Daryl Walcroft
The best way to ensure your Access / Excel import file corresponds to the P3 fields is to export a dummy file with the required fields and use this as a template for Access / Excel data entry.
Daryl Walcroft
The best way to ensure your Access / Excel import file corresponds to the P3 fields is to export a dummy file with the required fields and use this as a template for Access / Excel data entry.
Ali Hamouda
User offline. Last seen 7 years 47 weeks ago. Offline
Salam Ibrahem,

You can go to the Ftp in Primavera web site.
you will find all the utilities you can download from there.

Regards
Ali
Se de Leon
User offline. Last seen 2 years 36 weeks ago. Offline
Try using Microsoft Access in importing / exportingata from / to P3. Just be careful, see to it that the arrangement of fields in Access corresponds to the Import/Export Specification of P3.

In my experience, Access is the most flexible in data transfer because non P3 users can also work on it. Reports can be generated in Access and P3 reports can be simulated in Access.

If you have questions, email me at sedeleon@hotmail.com
Se de Leon
User offline. Last seen 2 years 36 weeks ago. Offline
Import/Export Using Access

Try using Microsoft Access Database using both the import/export feature. Both Access and P3 can work on this. Be careful during the process, see to it that the fields in the Access corresponds to the export/import specification of P3.

What I recommend is to make trials first.

There many advantages in using Access both for P3 user and non user as well. If you have questions, email me at sedeleon@hotmail.com.