Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

has anyone ever seen a timeline for a business plan in scheduling software? it would make sense...

3 replies [Last post]
John Reeves
User offline. Last seen 1 day 11 hours ago. Offline
Groups: None

has anyone ever seen a timeline for a business plan in scheduling software? it would make sense...I am looking for a template.  Has logic, cash flow etc - would be a good idea.  Or even one in excel?

Replies

Santosh Bhat
User offline. Last seen 2 days 10 hours ago. Offline

John,

The guys over at PlanAcademy also wrote an article about this same thing that has some methods/tools also:

11 Project Timeline Tools To Create Visual Project Reports (planacademy.com)

John Reeves
User offline. Last seen 1 day 11 hours ago. Offline

I was not looking for an all in one solution, just the schedule aspects.  I just don't like re-inventing the wheel when there are templates out there.  I think I am better off looking at the MS Office library.

Alex Lyaschenko
User offline. Last seen 1 day 21 hours ago. Offline

John, 

Spider Project + Power BI (or PowerPlatform).

Spider Project can give you the math (dates, cost, benefits, resources, risks, etc..) 

Power BI can produce visuals to your organisation’s requirements. Many companies could already provide reports for Business Plan.

Then, if you wish you would also be able to control execution (with trend analysis) and deviations.

John,

the software can be used for creating business plan or for feasibility study if it can model not only expenses but also incomes, takes into account cost discounting and inflation rates, calculates NPV, IRR, payback periods and simulates project risks and uncertainties.

I don't remember this functionality in MS Project and Primavera P6.