Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Resources for labor in project

3 replies [Last post]
Hussein ali
User offline. Last seen 6 years 11 weeks ago. Offline

Hi planners >>>

Can I add resources per day?

For example : I want to add 2 Engineers for every day , not for every activity , only for day and don't want to see how many of activities in this day.

Replies

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 1 day 2 hours ago. Offline

In case the resources shall be assigned full time to certain activities these must be leveled so the activities will not happen at the same time; the hammock can be resource loaded with variable workload and min workload equal to 0.  In this way when not assigned to any specific activity it will be assigned to the hammock.

The most common HORROR I have seen is to assign a crane to a hammock and not resource level it, there is a limit on how much work a crane can do on a single day!

Hussein ali
User offline. Last seen 6 years 11 weeks ago. Offline

thannnks for your idea.I used it now and it verrry easy >>

Create hammock activity and assign 2 engineers on this hammock that lasts from the start to the finish of your project (subproject). Don't assign these engineers to other activities.