Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

External Links in p6 Schedule need removing - inter project links

2 replies [Last post]
Mark Griffin
User offline. Last seen 7 years 26 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

So i have opened my schedule today in p6 and relised someone else has copy parts of my project into their's as they needed the same type of activities in there schedule.

However when they have copied and pasted the WBS it they seem to have had the Only between copied activiies un checked (in the copy activity options) and thus i now have hundreds of inter project links as it is maintaining those links from my schedule.

How can i quickly removed these as there are hundreds

Replies

Mark Griffin
User offline. Last seen 7 years 26 weeks ago. Offline

Thanks for the post back.

I have check both the late and early exertnal finishs but the coloumns are blank.

The scheduling options is not ticked but i dont beleive the schedule will be affected by these links.

from what i understand my collegue has copied the WBS so all my activities have successor to their project but that is it, so they are all open ends.  It is just very confusing going to the successor box and seeing 15 links in that are of no use.

i can go through and delete but i have 2500 activities in my schedule to check.

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 1 day ago. Offline

you have several options

Option 1  go to tools schedule 

select options

then select ignore relationships to and from other projects

option #2

filter for all activities

right click columns 

expand the dates availability on the left and choose

External Early Start and also choose External Early Finish

now in the External Early Start column Blank out the dated 

now do a fill down a

Now do the same thing for the External Early Finish Column

Option #3

go to tools

global change

New (on the right)

Where  (leave this line blank)

then

External Early Start = (leave the rest of the line blank)

and

External Early Finish = (leave the rest of the line blank)

then on the right select change

then commit changes

what ever option that you choose make sure to run the schedule calculations after you run your option