Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Critical path drag: InterPlan Systems announces computation in its new release

No replies
Stephen Devaux
User offline. Last seen 14 weeks 1 day ago. Offline

The continuing saga of Sisyphus the Bajan pushing (uh -- dragging?) the rock up the critical path took a couple of steps forward today when:

1. InterPlan Systems Inc.'s (and PlanningPlanet's!) Bernard Ertl sent me an email letting me know that InterPlan Systems were announcing that their new software, to be released shortly, would compute critical path drag. This makes InterPlan, along with Spider Project and Sumatra.com's add-on to MS Project, the third software package that computes this critical(!) new CPM metric.
  2. Also, Easy Projects published on their site today a guest blog they had asked me to write for them about critical path drag. The title is "Project Management and the 100 Metre Dash."  

For anyone interested in CPM drag, I hope to have further news shortly about a webinar on the topic that I may be doing for PMI's Scheduling CoP, and perhaps a fourth s/w package that will compute drag.

Fraternally in project management,

Steve the Bajan