Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Software features

3 replies [Last post]
Mark Toro
User offline. Last seen 8 years 9 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi there

I've justed started writing about Project Management and have done a piece on Project Management Software Features. I have not been able to look at that many different pieces of software first hand but would be interested to get any feedback or additions.

http://www.worldprojectpro.com/project-management-software-features/

Replies

Mark Toro

Thanks for the feedback Mark. Yes I think I need to write in more detail about each one of these features.

Mark Toro

Thanks for the feedback Mark. Yes I think I need to write in more detail about each one of these features.

Mark,

your description is too broad, there are a lot of details that shall be considered when PM software is estimated.

Just an example - what do you mean by scheduling? Scheduling may and shall take into account all project constraints (resources, material supply, funding, space, etc.). Any PM software provides some schedule but few of them can deal with project constraints. Resource constrained schedules created by different tools are not the same - schedule optimization saves a lot of money.

So describibg scheduling as software feature that most packages have you miss the details that are very essential. I did not meet projects that do not have constraints and the schedules that do not take them into account are useless.