Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Adtivity Duration and resource levelling

5 replies [Last post]
Nikan G
User offline. Last seen 10 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

hi people,

I am new in planning, and It would be highly appreciated to answer my BASIC questions :)

• Have an activity which actually takes 12 hours but in 2 weeks, how I can plan it? already in my schedule,  it started on 17th Feb and will finish 28th Feb., which is 80 hours for duration that is not correct, what is planning solution for this?
  • the resource who is working on above job, is working on other four tasks as well. During in 2 weeks he is working 12 hours to finish mentioned job and other 4 tasks which not finish in 2 weeks. how I can show his work hours in my plan?
  • Last question: why finding is not working most of the time? To search an activity ID I use find but doesn’t work! I Mean I can find manually but in finding window it says no result!

Thanks in advance guys!

Nikan.

Replies

Nikan G

Primavera! P6.7

Nikan G

Primavera! P6.7

12 hours in two weeks means 12/80*100% = 15% workload.

At other tasks calculate resource workload and if their sum does not exceed 85% then these jobs may be done in parallel.

Another way is to use variable resource assignments but in Spider Project only.

Please specify the software that you use to get specific advise.

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 5 weeks 3 days ago. Offline

Hi Nikan

Set up a work pattern for 6 hours a week - say 1 hour per 6 day week - then apply this to a calendar - then apply the calendar to the tasks.

Best regards

Mike Testro

Gary Whitehead
User offline. Last seen 4 years 46 weeks ago. Offline

What software are you using?